Houston Texas DWIBeing accused with DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED is a especially severe situation which in turn can result in jail time, fees, loss of driving rights and more.Houston Texas DWI Criminal Defense Lawyer Andy Nolen has over 20 years working experience assisting people charged with Driving While Intoxicated or DWI. Attorney Andy Nolen has had in excess of 3000 clients and had over 400 cases dismissed. Quite a few of those dismissals have been DWIs. If you have been charged with DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, there are a few important things you need to know:
8 Things You Need to Know About DWI:
1. A 1st DWI has a maximum jail sentence of 6 months up to a $2000 fine. A 2nd DWI caries a maximum 1 year jail sentence and a $4000 fine. A 3rd DWI is a felony and carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
2. All DWI's can result in loss of your driver's license and restrictions on your ability to drive. The judge may mandate that you put a breath machine on your auto that measures any alcohol in your system before you can start your automobile.
3. You may be required to have on a SCRAM monitor. That stands for Secure Remote Alcohol Monitor. It is a appliance that you have on on your ankle that measures alcohol in you system. These gadgets require a deposit and approximately $10 daily in supervising charges.Houston Texas DWI Criminal Defense Lawyer Andy Nolen has successfully fought to have his clients NOT use the system and have the unit removed.
4. . Your license can be revoked in 2 ways. First of all, by an Administrative License Revocation or ALR. This is commonly where you either refused to blow in an intoxilyzer or blew over the lawful limit. The second is by being found guilty of a DWI. Your license can be revoked more than once for the same exact DWI Houston Texas DWI Criminal Defense Lawyer Andy Nolen can assist you with the two different types of suspensions.
5. You cannot get deferred adjudication for a DWI and any conviction for DWI is on your record for life.
6. Any statements you make to a police officer at the time of a DWI stop and arrest will be used against you. You actually should in no way admit drinking or even driving for that matter. It is best to say little or nothing.
7. The cops can obtain a court order and take blood from you to be tested for alcohol consumption.
8. A DWI can significantly increase your insurance rates.
Houston Texas DWI Criminal Defense Lawyer Andy Nolen can help walk you through the minefield of DWI laws and regulations in Texas. DWI is not something that you can deal with all by yourself. You should not simply plead guilty simply because you are proposed a probation in the courtroom. You may be able to get your case dismissed or lessened. To speak with DWI Attorney Andy Nolen, please call 832-480-8951,